Back in late April, Sandra Conner from Sandra Conner… By the Book nominated me for the Genuine Blogger Award. She had left the nomination on an obscure post I had put up regarding my instacanvas gallery (I have since then allowed comments on my “Who Am I?” page). I had completely forgotten about it… until recently. Sandra, thanks for the nomination and thanks for following this blog. When I created this blog over two years ago, I was just a newbie to blogging and simply wanted to share my thoughts to just a few close friends and family. Now I have some genuine readers who have “liked” and commented on my various posts, choosing to share their thoughts with me and I with them. It’s been a very pleasant experience and I don’t regret ever putting myself “out there” and letting the world in to my world.
The rules for accepting the award are pretty simple:
- Post an article stating that you have been nominated and include the name and link to the blogger who nominated you.
- You should also include the logo of the award on your post, and in your sidebar (or on a permanent page) so that everyone who visits your site will know that you have won the award.
- Tell your readers seven random things about yourself.
- Pass the honor forward by nominating seven other bloggers that you feel deserve the award. Include links to their blogs in your post.
- Notify those seven bloggers that you have nominated them.
7 Random Things About Me:
- I did improvisational acting for 11 years and STILL would love to be an actor (anyone know an agent?). I also love public speaking.
- I’m a HUGE Depeche Mode fan since the early 80’s (seen them in concert many times) and I’ve met them personally (albeit briefly).
- I was a notorious truant starting in elementary school (starting in 4th grade) until high school (broke truancy records in HS!). How ironic that I turned out to be an elementary school teacher.
- I cannot swim. I send my daughter to swimming classes so that one day she might save my life!
- LASIK surgery was performed on my eyes in 2006 (free from glasses and contact lenses!).
- I love Mustangs and currently drive one (owned a previous 2003 model).
- I love being a father and want more children. Anyone want to get rid of one of their kids?
This venture has introduced me to many wonderful writers, poets and photographers, with Sandra being one of them. I wish to recognize several others in the WordPress community. The rules for accepting this award requires me to choose seven other bloggers whom I feel are equally genuine in their writing. I wish I could choose all of those bloggers who follow this site. I visit each of their blogs as time allow but alas, that’s not very often. However, I have chosen these seven because of all the blogs I visit, I find myself visting these more often than others. I listed them in no particular order:
- Cee’s Life Photography Blog http://ceeslifephotographyblog.wordpress.com/
- Burning Holes in the Sky http://burningholesinthesky.wordpress.com/
- A Nomad in the Land of Nizwa http://catbirdinoman.wordpress.com/
- Where’s My Backpack? http://wheresmybackpack.com/
- The Great Escape… Life From Behind a Lens http://roobo69.wordpress.com/
- Lucid Gypsy http://lucidgypsy.wordpress.com/
- L’Atelier de Madman http://ateliermadman.com/
Once again, thanks Sandra!